Way I trust, with open eyes, I
halfway down the earthly desert behind my steps
hides
much vanity and some remorse;
I have lived to feel the pride of spirits
stuck together like hand to glove, I flushed
Castle Love,
ever have doubts about him, yet my heart,
never refused to love, the only thing worth
mortal is eternal, immortal;
never had in mind the errors, waste
sing terrors,
unworthy of a serious song;
and Love is my reward, for now, when most
spectra complain
the myrtle blooms upon my brow, and
aroma takes root in my mind.
halfway down the earthly desert behind my steps
hides
much vanity and some remorse;
I have lived to feel the pride of spirits
stuck together like hand to glove, I flushed
Castle Love,
ever have doubts about him, yet my heart,
never refused to love, the only thing worth
mortal is eternal, immortal;
never had in mind the errors, waste
sing terrors,
unworthy of a serious song;
and Love is my reward, for now, when most
spectra complain
the myrtle blooms upon my brow, and
aroma takes root in my mind.
Coventry Patmore
0 comments:
Post a Comment